These Minnie and Mickey Hot Cocoa Bombs are perfect to bring some warm magic to your day. Especially, I love the idea of enjoying these on Valentine’s Day! Because, it is so easy to make both Minnie and Mickey Hot Chocolate Bombs. It is so fun to see this sweet chocolaty couple together :-). Ready to make your very own Disney Valentine’s hot Chocolate bombs? It takes under 10 minutes to make them. And, they are absolutely delicious!
The Best Minnie and Mickey Hot Chocolate Bombs RecipeHot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
What is all the fuzz over hot chocolate bombs? Well, there are not only filled with delicious sweet yumminess. They are also incredibly satisfying to watch melt! The best part is how easy they are to make. This time, I am adding some magic to the hot chocolate bombs and present to you the adorable Mickey and Minnie Hot Cocoa Bombs. Indeed, they are just perfect to snuggle up and celebrate each other.
Minnie and Mickey Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe
This recipe makes 8-10 Hot Cocoa Bombs.
Mickey and Minnie Hot Cocoa Bombs Ingredients
- 2 Silicone Sphere Molds
- 2 cups of hot cocoa mix
- 30oz of Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate melting wafers
- 1 disposable pipping bag
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with wax paper
- 2 cups of Mini Marshmallows
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- 4-8 Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bows (Local bakery can provide some) or make your own with this bow silicone mold
Mickey and Minnie Hot Cocoa Bomb Directions
- Remove about 16-20 size matching pieces of the melting wafers and set them aside.
- Using a heat-safe bowl, pour into the bowl and place the remaining of the Ghirardelli melting wafers in the microwave for 45-second intervals. Make sure to stir the chocolate after every 45 seconds until completely melted and smooth.
- Using a spoon, spoon about 1-2 tbsp of the chocolate into the mold.
- Carefully swirl the chocolate to completely coat the inside of the mold.
- Lightly shake the extra chocolate back into the bowl.
- Place the coated molds into the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and gently peel the silicone mold back away from the hardened chocolate shell.
- Carefully place the mold onto the cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps with remaining molds. You should now have 8 half-sphere molds.
- Scoop some of the melted chocolate into the piping bag and cut the tip.
To build the cocoa bomb :
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of the hot cocoa mix into the bottom of the sphere mold.
- Sprinkle in a few of the mini marshmallows.
- Pipe a line of the melted chocolate around the edge of the bottom shell.
- Carefully place the top shell onto the bottom and gently hold the top to the bottom for about 30 seconds to a minute to allow the piped chocolate to harden to the top shell.
- Carefully pick up the bomb and make sure that there is no opening around the center of the shells.
- Place the mold back onto the cookie sheet.
- Drizzle chocolate over the mold and sprinkle some Valentine’s Day Sprinkles.
- Place some bows onto the middle of some of the bombs for Minnie mouse.
- Using a small skillet, place over low heat.
- Once the pan feels warm, place the bottom of the candy melts that you set aside.
- Melt the bottom of the chocolate wafer so that it becomes a flat edge instead of around the edge.
- Quickly place the freshly melted edge onto the side of the cocoa bomb to create one of the ears. Repeat the same step with the second ear.
Allow the hot cocoa bomb to harden before you enjoy!
Pixie dust, Magic, and Fun
These Minnie and Mickey Hot Chocolate bombs sure give us a good dose of magic in a cup! For us, this is pure pixie dust in a cup. For more Disney magic at home, why don’t you try these Mickey Incredibles Cookies? Also, you might want to taste these fun Tigger Donutscups. I promise you they are absolutely delicious! Or, you can go for these Tigger Donuts 🙂 All these are perfect pairings for the Minnie and Mickey Hot Chocolate bombs. Just ask any sweet tooth 🙂