This weekend we got all Disney’s Flora and Ulysses Fun Facts at the Global Press Conference. It was a treat to see how much fun the cast had with each other while working on the film. We got behind the scenes, details on Easter Eggs, and much more. Here are a few of my favorite Flora and Ulysses Disney movie cool facts. Of course, I also have the full interview for you. No, I don’t want you to miss a thing! So don’t forget the fun free Flora and Ulysses activity sheets either.
Disney’s Flora and Ulysses Press Conference: Meeting the cast
So, in reality this was the second time I got a chance to talk to the movie crew. The first time was a round table with author DiCamillo and Hannigan. Therefore, I am combining all the fun facts of both meetings in one for you. The global press conference included
- Alyson Hannigan (“Phyllis Buckman”)
- Ben Schwartz (“George Buckman”)
- Matilda Lawler (“Flora Buckman”)
- Danny Pudi (“Miller”)
- Lena Khan (Director)
- Kate DiCamillo (Author)
Disney’s Flora And Ulysses Fun Facts
The making of movies is such an art form. And, bringing them to life is sometimes so very different. So, I enjoy very much the anecdotes the talent has to share. Of course, all the details, inside jokes, and movie making fun facts are a gem for me. This time around, there are plenty to share:
- You know I am a big IronMan fan. So, the first one I just had to share is that Matilda gets to say one of the coolest lines from Endgame: I love you 3000!
- The inspiration for the book comes from a vacuum cleaner and a squirrel.
- I am also a big Duck Tales fan. Indeed I was tickled to see some references in the movie. Truth be told, it almost feels as this movie holds a mini- Duck Tales reunion: Ben Schwartz plays Dewey Duck, Danny Pudi is Huey Duck Bobby Moynihan (Louie Duck) is the comic book guy and Kate Micucci (Webby Vanderquack) plays Rita the waitress. Lena Khan told us there are plenty of Duck Tales Easter Eggs:”We threw in Bobby’s reading the DuckTales comic at the beginning. You’ll see some ducks with the different colors of their collars matching the characters in Danny’s office “.
- Easter Eggs do not stop there. Director Khan shared: “There’s a whole world for just the comic book nerds. If you’re a comic book person, which, I grew up with my brothers where, if you go into the Comic Cave, which is the comic book store (in the film). You’ll see Mysterio with the goldfish thing over his head”. Additionally, there are references to other Kate DiCamilo books.
- When asked about improvisation in the film, Danny Pudi said:” “Ben and I have a history of fighting for the last three years as brothers in an animated show, so that was very helpful” he jokingly added:” It was very easy to shoot him with a tranquilizer gun.”
- Matilda had a favorite line in the movie that was, “holy bagumba”.
- Author DiCamillo is a comic book fan: “What I grew up with and what I love is Charlie Brown and the Peanuts. I actually still read a Peanuts cartoon every morning and it’s shaped my whole childhood and it still shapes my sensibility.” That said, she did have to read superhero comic books to create her Incandesto character.
- Director Khan has a cameo in the film but she would tell us what it is, so can’t wait to watch on Disney Plus February 19th, and try to spot her!
- It is all about the snacks! Cheese balls get the most votes. But donuts and lollypops get votes too. Check out the full press conference to get the details:
Flora and Ulysses will be available exclusively on Disney + on February 19th.