It’s Fiesta Time! Make these Fiesta Fringe Piñata Bat Cupcake Topper for the party. What are we celebrating? Well, the release of the entire first season of Nickelodeon’s series Casagrandes! Of course, you can totally celebrate Cinco de Mayo, Day of the Dead, Spring, Summer and everything in between with these colorful cupcake toppers which dub perfectly as picks for the olives in your Margarita or the appetizers in your tray!
This is a post in partnership with Nickelodeon
Sprinkle Color To Your Fiesta!
With these super easy to make Fiesta Fringe Piñata Bat Cupcake Topper, we are totally celebrating all the yummy food we see in the Casagrande series. These Fiesta Fringe Cupcake Toppers take me back really quick to my childhood parties. When the piñata stick made an appearance, the party just seemed to surge with excitement! The birthday person was always the first to bat the piñata, but we all got a turn! Just looking at these I feel festive and happy! Of course, you can totally mix and match the colors that you like best. Or, the ones that go better with your celebration.
How to Make Fiesta Fringe Piñata Bat Cupcake Topper
These Fiesta Fringe Piñata Bat Cupcake Topper are super easy to make. You will have several done in under 5 minutes.
- Different colors silk paper
- Double sided tape
- 4 inch Bamboo skewer
- Cut 6 pieces of different silk colored paper (2.5” x 1” wide)
- Along the length of the piece of each paper, cut about ⅙” wide vertically with the scissors to create the fringe. Cut ⅔ of the way in to leave a solid border.
- Place your double sided tape or glue over the solid border of the fringed silk paper..
- Roll the first silk paper piece over the top edge of the skewer stick and glue it
- Get the next piece of fringed silk paper and glue it on the stick right where the previous one ends. Repeat this with all your cut colors.
- Now insert the decorated skewer into your cupcake.
Now you are done. Your cupcakes are now festive and ready for the fiesta!
About Nickelodeon’s Casagrandes
Ronnie Anne is an independent, skateboard loving 11-year-old who moved to the big city with her mom and brother to live with their extended family, the Casagrandes.
Her new life promises to be an adventure, now that she’s living under one roof with her grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousins, and a sass-talking parrot. As if that weren’t enough excitement, her bedroom is directly below the bedroom of her best friend, Sid.
And on the ground floor is the family run market (the Mercado), which is a gathering place for all their quirky neighbors. While her brother Bobby helps run the Mercado with their gossip-loving Abuelo, Ronnie Anne and Sid explore the city, making fun new friendships along the way.
She’s also getting to know everyone in her bustling multigenerational Mexican-American family. Her new life is full of new discoveries, love, laughter and plenty of food!