Have a delicious St. Patrick’s Day Easy Leprechaun Gnome Treats! This has to be one of the funnest ways to celebrate the luck of the Irish. Definitively, after making and tasting this treat you will feel like you found your very own pot of gold! Make this special gnome treats in under 15 minutes. Better yet. get the kids to help you. Yes, this is easy and a the perfect family activity to mark Saint Patrick’s Day.
St. Patrick’s Day Easy Leprechaun Gnome Treats: a sweet pot of gold!
To start, I have to tell you, these Easy St. Patricks’s Day Leprechaun Gnome Treats are not only easy to make. Also, they are adorable! No doubt, they will look amazing on your table and sure do invite luck in! Of course, they are the perfect St. Patrick’s Day treats and are a cool way to surprise or help others get their green in 🙂 Moreover, the great thing about them is that you don’t have to make them only for Saint Patricks’s day. Unquestionably, they are also perfect for a garden party, to celebrate spring and why not whenever you need to send someone luck their way. Indeed, these make for unique cute fun snacks.
Leprechaun Gnome Treats Recipe and Tutorial
Undoubtedly, no one will believe that you made these so quick. Much less, how easy they are to make. Definitively, the best part is that they are as much fun to make as they are to eat. Now, here are the simple steps to get your Leprechaun Gnome treats ready.
Leprechaun Gnome Treats
Now, it will take you 15 minutes to make 6 leprechaun gnomes with this recipe.
- ½ cup of orange candy melts
- ½ c light green candy melts
- 2.5 oz package of St. Patrick’s Day Sprinkle Mix
- 6 sugar ice cream cones
- 2 tbsp green jimmies sprinkles
- 2 tbsp orange sugar sprinkles
- 6 jumbo marshmallows
- 2 tbsp green sugar sprinkles
- 2 tbsp orange confetti sprinkles
- 6 green Sixlets chocolate candies or sort out green M&Ms from the pack!
- First, heat the green candy melts in a heat safe glass bowl, per directions on bag. Dip the pointy end of the sugar cones into the melted green candy, and then immediately dip in either green sugar or jimmies sprinkles. Use a spoon to spread the green candy around the other end of the cone, approximately 1” up the cone. Immediately dip, or sprinkle the Lucky Leprechaun Sprinkle Mix onto the green candy. The green candy hardens quickly, so work quickly, or do the front first and then the back side of the cone. Place each dipped cone on parchment paper to set for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Then, stuff a jumbo marshmallow into each cone. If you are having a hard time getting them to fit inside, using the handle of a spoon, push the sides until they fit into the cone.
- Next, heat the orange candy melts, following the same heating instructions in step 1. Using a spoon, spread the melted orange candy onto the marshmallow in the shape of a beard, leaving just enough of the marshmallow uncovered to be the face. Immediately sprinkle orange sugar sprinkles, and then orange confetti sprinkles onto the melted candy. Again, the candy hardens quickly, so add the sprinkles quickly, or work in sections.
- Now, reheat any of the remaining green candy melts in the microwave for an additional 30 seconds at 50% power. Use a sharp pairing knife, to make a small hole for the nose. Then, dip the green Sixlets into the melted green candy, and then immediately place in the nose hole. Hold for a few seconds until it sets, so that the candy doesn’t fall out. Now, your Leprechaun Gnomes are ready to enjoy!
Cool mom tip:definitively, best if eaten immediately, but can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week. The marshmallow may become a little more tough and chewy, but the flavor profiles will remain the same.
More Green Fun
Naturally, these cute gnome treats are just the thing for Saint Patrick’s day. We totally recommend them for a garden party or even to crash a high tea event. If you are looking for some more “green” ideas then try our Lucky clover DIY bracelet. Additionally, don’t miss out on these mega easy kid and Lucky clover DIY bracelet..