Need the perfect treat to watch the new Marvel series on Disney Plus? Then, you need to make the Falcon and The Winter Soldier Cupcakes! Definitively a must eat for every Marvel fan. Certainly, this easy recipe adds up to the reasons to get excited to watch The Falcon and The Winter Soldier!
Celebrate with The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Cupcakes
As a fan girl, I am definitively making these to watch all the cool action Sam and Bucky are delivering. No doubt, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Cupcakes are Marvel-ous! These chocolate cupcakes are loaded with Marvel themed sprinkles. Also, they deliver magic thank to the iconic Mickey ears. But, these are no ordinary Mickey ears. Of course, they offer the symbol for both The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Obviously, you can choose to add a bow or not when you top these cupcakes. If you are wondering if The Falcon and The Winter Soldier is kid-friendly, we have our parent guide and first episode review for you good to go.
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier Cupcakes Recipe
Let’s get right to it! This recipe makes 22 cupcakes.
To Make the themed Marvel Sprinkles
- Red wilton sprinkle package
- Silver wilton sprinkle package
- Black wilton sprinkle package
Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix.
To Make the Fondant Ears and bow
- Black fondant, one package
- Gray fondant, one package
- Red fondant, one package
- 1 can of red cake spray
- A wilton fondant bow mold
- One 3 inch circle fondant cutter
- A 1 inch star stencil
- 1 tube of red cookie icing
- Disposable piping bag with #2 tip
- 1 can of
- Sprinkle some powder sugar onto a cutting board.
- Roll out the black and grey fondant into 1/4 inch thickness and cut out 24 3in circles of both fondant for the ears. Equal about 48 circles.
- Use the silver cake spray, spray the circles to give a shimmer effect.
- Use the grey circles, place the star stencil over the circles and lightly spray the red cake spray.
- Allow to dry.
- Once dry, squeeze the red cookie icing into the piping bag.
- Use the red icing, pipe out “Falcons” logo.
- Allow to dry overnight .
To Make the bows:
- Powder your hands with powder sugar and mold the red fondant into a ball.
- Pinch off 1 teaspoon size ball of fondant and press it into the larger bow size mold.
- Make 22 bows then set aside to dry out overnight.
To Make The Cupcakes:
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- Half a cup of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 1/4 cup of whole milk
- cupcake liners and cupcake pan
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a cupcake pan with the cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs, butter and milk until smooth and combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup of unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 5-7 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 large piping bag with large star tip
- 1 medium ice cream scooper
- Use a mixer to combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla until combined and smooth.
- Scoop a cup of frosting into the piping bag.
- Use the ice cream scooper, scoop out a small amount of frosting onto the top of the cupcake.
- Use a knife and spread the frosting into a thick disk.
- Coat the frosting in the sprinkle mixture.
- Pipe a dollop of frosting into the middle.
- Carefully place a red bow in the center of the frosting.
- Now, get one round of the Winter Soldier logo and one of The Falcon logo. Carefully place two “ears” on the sides of the bow.
All Things Marvel
I can’t wait to find out if any of the Avengers are going to have a cameo in this series. Just in case, you might want to be ready with the Black Widow Cocktail. Or, since this is all set post blip, have a Thanos cocktail. I will definitively be munching on my Guardians of the Galaxy Baby Groot Sandwich! The kids are excited and are preparing with this easy DIY Captain Marvel Cupcake Cork Topper while my hubby is getting out our DIY Civil War coasters for our Marvel Cocktails.