Shrimp Pasta Puttanesca Recipe is already hailed the dish of the year in our home. Yes, it is definitively a crowd pleaser. And, you can impress all those at your table with this fabulous dish. There is a key ingredient. A secret weapon that makes all the difference in this oh so yummy dish. It is none other than 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links
Decoding Cooking Myths
Once used in hushed tones, the secret is out of the bag. Home Chefs rejoice because Extra Virgin Olive Oil is great to cook it all! Up to now, those who know would say that Extra virgin olive oil should only be used in its raw form. But that is now a thing of the past. Since, the better the quality of your olive oil, the tastier your dishes will be, we stick to Extra Virgin Olive Oil, better known as EVOO. Thanks to its high smoking point of 400°F, extra virgin olive oil is suitable for all types of cooking.
The Joy of A Dish Full of Goodness
In life, a good home cooked meal goes far. Especially made with love and with the best ingredients around. Undoubtedly, the oil used to cook is the pillar of every recipe. And so, it can’t be just any olive oil. At our home, it has to be Le Stagioni d’ Italia Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Honestly, I find that its robust artichoke and almonds flavor and the hint of spicy flavor at the end really enhances every recipe I have made wit hit! Definitively, it does really well when I am dressing, cooking, sautéing, frying, poaching, and also baking. Not to mention that it brings loads health benefits. For example, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits
100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
So, why EVOO? More importantly why Le Stagioni d’ Italia Extra Virgin Olive Oil? the This fun facts can answer that:
- Olive Oil is the first cold pressed olive oil from the first round of extraction of fresh, intact olives—it has not been heated during processing, so it retains its full nutritional value.
- Extra virgin olive oil is made by pressing olive oil, without heat or chemicals; it’s known as the first cold pressed olive oil.
- Harvested in Italy, it is vegan, gluten free, and contains no additives or preservatives.
To learn more, please visit the Flavor Your Life Campaign, which aims to educate North American consumers about authentic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Shrimp Pasta Puttanesca Recipe
In 25 minutes you will have an incredibly delicious recipe that you will want to do over and over again. Here are easy details for the Shrimp Pasta Puttanesca Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of Le Stagioni d’ Italia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup of halved and pitted Kalamata olives
- tablespoon of salt
- tablespoons of
- 1 pound of deveined shrimp
- Get a large pot, add salt and water and leave to boil.
- Heat a large skillet on medium. Add 1 tablespoon of EVOO.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides.
- When the EVOO is hot, add the shrimp. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until bright pink. Remove from the pan.
- Add salt and red onion to the pan for 1-2 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the garlic and let it cook for another minute.
- Time to add the tomato paste and white wine plus salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer until mix is reduced by half.
- Place pasta in to the boiling water. Cook until the pasta is almost aldente.
- Then, add the second tablespoon of EVVO plus the olives and capers to the white wine sauce.
- Finally, add the sauce and the shrimp to the pasta and mix.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
A Quick Trip to the Mediterranean
Mamma mia!! As you eat your Shrimp Pasta Puttanesca you will be immediately traveling through the deliciousness of the Italian Med. But, not in the mood for shrimp? No worries! Make this recipe with chicken or lobster. And, feel free to get creative with your veggies. We are thinking on making this next time with Kale.
Oh, and one final thought. While, I do recommend EVOO for all types of cooking, you might want to consider using something else for your DEEP frying recipes. Everything else is game. As a matter of fact, a must for us since we love its flavor so much