Celebrate your girlfriends with Minnie Friendship Cupcakes! Undoubtedly, we have seen a surge in strong female animation leads. We have cheered them on and enjoyed their adventures while we learned or were reminded about important lessons. From Mei in Turning Red to Moana there is so much to take in and watch over and over again! Here is a delicious recipe that is adorable and fun to make. Plus, a great way to talk about girl power in the movies as your pamper the special ladies in your life.
Celebrate your girlfriends with Minnie Friendship Cupcakes!
Yes, I do have a special place for Mirabel from Encanto. As well as for Raya and Merida. I can totally relate to some of Elastigirl mom moments and there is nothing like watching sisters Ana and Elsa with my own real life sisters. As a matter of fact, I don’t only see some of myself in these characters. Also, I can see some of my friends in each of them. Don’t we all have Jasmine in our lives? Because, any excuse to get together and marathon our Disney and Pixar princesses will do, we made a girls night in movie night around the Sweet Minnie Friendship Cupcakes! So, get your party together and get the baking!
Minnie Friendship Cupcakes Recipe
We are totally focussing on the decoration of the cupcakes. So, get 12 naked cupcakes at the store and get ready to decorate. If you need a cupcake recipe because you don’t want to skip the baking part, check this one out. Here is how you pixie dust these cupcakes:
Butter cream decor – Ingredients
- 1 2oz DecoPac Mickey Mouse Sprinkles
- 1 red, white and black nonpareils sprinkles
Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix
Fondant Ears and bow – Ingredients
- A package of ivory fondant
- 1 package red fondant
- A tube of pink cookie icing
- 1 Wilton fondant bow mold
- A 3in circle fondant cutter
- 1 1inch circle fondant
- A disposable piping bag with #2 tip
- 12 bows. (Another time saving tip so you don’t have to make them)
- Sprinkle some powder sugar onto a cutting board
- Roll out the ivory fondant into 1/4 inch thickness and cut out 48 3in circles of the ivory fondant for the ears
- Use the 1in circle cutter and cut the center circles out to make donuts
- Squeeze the pink icing into the piping bag
- Pipe the pink icing around the circle fondant to create donut icing
- Sprinkle some of the mickey icing onto the pink icing
- Allow to dry
- Powder your hands with powder sugar and mold the red fondant into a ball
- Pinch off 1 teaspoon size ball of fondant and press it into the larger bow size mold if you did not buy them.
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups of unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4.5 cups of powdered sugar
- 5-7 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons of Pure vanilla extract
- 1 large piping bag with large star tip
- 1 medium ice cream scooper
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla and mix on medium speed until combined and smooth
- Scoop a cup oof frosting into the piping bag
- Use the ice cream scooper, scoop out a small amount of frosting onto the top of the cupcake
- With a knife and spread the frosting into a thick disk
- Coat the frosting in the mickey sprinkle mixture
- Pipe a dollop of frosting into the middle
- Carefully place a red bow in the center of the frosting
- Finally, place two donut “ears” on the sides of the bow
Now, sit back, feast your eyes and your bellies! Enjoy.
Minnie Donut Ears Cupcakes For Almost Every Celebration
These are absolutely gorgeous to look at and decadent to indulge in! Plus, you can totally include in your movie watching some time to bake together. It is a great bonding experience!
You can have your Minnie Friendship Cupcakes for just about any occasion. Baby showers, girl playdates and more. No one will resist the Minnie Cupcakes donut ears!!
Now, the question is, which princess will you celebrate next with these Minnie Donut Ear Cupcakes?
For more Minnie fun, check out the Minnie Hot Chocolate Bombs
Try something new! I’m one of Google’s paid early testers for their Thank with Google pilot program! Thank with Google is an experimental feature that allows you to purchase a virtual sticker and directly show your appreciation for content for what I feature right here at Cool Moms Cool Tips!
There are a variety of stickers to select from, and every time you send a paid sticker you can add a personal message to me! The virtual stickers translate into direct revenue that supports the work of this website.
You can find the Thank with Google feature in multiple places on my site, including a button at the top of this blog post and on the side bar. I can’t wait to see what you think when you try it out. Have I told you lately how very grateful for your readership and your support?